> Can someone tell me if projectors made from a Director 8.5.1 movie
> are supposed to able to run on Windows '95?

Yes they are supposed to.

> I'm in beta testing on a large project and we're getting reports of
> "Director player error, file not found" messages on one or more
> Window 95 systems.  I don't have a system running Windows 95 to test
> it on.

I don't think this is the same thing, but we have had reports of Illegal
Operation errors reported with projectors created in D8.5.1 and only on
*some but not all* Win 95 machines. It seems that the SHOCKWAVE 3D ASSET.X32
is causing the conflict.

This only happens when the playback head moves into a frame with SW3D
sprite. We have done some barebones testing and this occurs only when the
SW3D cast member has at least one model in it. An empty SW3D cast member on
stage will not trigger the error.

As I say, this does not sound like the same problem you are having.

Have you created a barebones projector yet. I'd be happy to test it here on
our Win 95 machine if you wish.

ck