At 14:14 +0100 04/08/2002, Wobbly wrote:

>Using sound playfile, I can play external MP3 files but not WAV. My copy of
>Rosenzweig "using director 8". says it will work with WAV, some of the
>examples I have looked at show wav files as the target. what am I doing
>wrong??

If this is Windows have you tried killing soundKeepDevice on startMovie?:

   on startMovie
     the soundKeepDevice = FALSE
   END startMovie

Only one sound driver on the designed-and-used-by-geniuses Windows
platform can be in use at ay time, and Director seems to be a little
slow on the uptake when it comes to surrendering one so another can
load. Since MP3 and WAV surely use different mix outs, this might do
the trick for you.

--

              Warren Ockrassa | http://www.nightwares.com/
  Director help | Free files | Sample chapters | Freelance | Consulting