Hi,

Thanks Florian. Thanks for recommending your article, Irv. I have learnt
from it too.

Yes, Florian and Warren.  You are both right. Sorry Irv, and thank you  for
taking the trouble  to explain what they were trying to say.

There is such a line but it is in another  script in the same movie. There
is goMulti in this script too. But it was not in the list of handlers that
was in the left of the debugger list that Warren described.

Anyway, here is the script.

global goMulti

on startMovie
   goMulti = new(script "scriptb")
   goMulti.mInit(#multi)
   member("score").text = "0"
end startMovie

How do I make this handler execute at run-time? I have  tried compiling and
recompiling the script.
I also set the breakpoint at this line in goMulti = new(script "scriptb").
Instead it brings me back to the other script where the error is (where the
variable is void). Every line executes. What do I do with this
script?   But what I have done seems to tell me that the script is
executing at run- time. I can't  seem to find anything wrong with
this  movie script.

I also checked the member("score").text and it is set to zero.

When is a behavior  written as such not a behavior? I may safely assume
when it is not executed at runtime?

The other handler mentioned was onMousedown.

I studied Irv's debugger movie  and there was a similar error:

on mouseUp
   ShowTime()
end

His debugger showed the on Mouseup handler  as well and he stated that his
variables had not been defined.
But in this case,  my variables have been defined.  And all the handlers
are in place.

Or am I still  not understanding something?

Noelle