Hi,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

>Well, the best approch with this is to place the QT movies in a folder
>alongside your Director file itself as you are authoring it, then import
>those movies as you go. So the directory might look like this:
>
>   noelle.dir
>   media
>     movie1.mov
>     movie2.mov
>
>...assuming you have named the movie folder "media". Then when you make
>your projector, save it alongside the "media" folder:
>
>   noelle.dir
>   noelle.exe
>   media
>     movie1.mov
>     movie2.mov
>
>When you are ready to make your CD, copy the projector and the media
>folder to the same location and burn the disc:
>
>   CD
>     noelle.exe
>       media
>         movie1.mov
>         movie2.mov
>
>This will keep the QuickTime movies in the same *relative* location --
>that is, they will always be alongside the Director movie/projector, and
>will always be in a folder named "media". This lets both your Director
>movie and your projector find and use the QuickTime movies without having
>to put up a dialog box every time.

What if I haven't done this?  How may I remedy my mistake? I used the
searchPath  handler in a movie script  but  after burning the cd, I had an
error. The computer could not locate my .exe file. Hence the cd could not
autorun.

Also why does this not work?

set the searchCurrentFolder = False

In the following technote,

Finding the drive letter on a windows cd-rom.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/director/ts/documents/tn3123.html It says:

Note: The Lingo "the searchPath" should be used in a movie which doesn't
itself contain linked media. This is because the searchPath must be set
before linking.

 >>And when you talk about the first movie, is it in a movie script file
within the .dir file?
 >That is what Colin was referring to, yes.

Is this why I was unable to set the searchPath properly?

Noelle