-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Kerry Thompson
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 4:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> Mpeg PlayBack

>Can any body recommend a good way (the best way) to play mpeg files
>in director with out requiring QuickTime?

Tabuleiro's DirectMedia Xtra will do nicely. It's only Windows, but
QuickTime is standard on Macs. You'll have to do a little juggling if it's
cross-platform (i.e., play the QT on the Mac, the DirectMedia on Win), but
that's not hard.

http://xtras.tabuleiro.com/products/direct/index.tdb

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson

Life is complex. It has real parts and imaginary parts.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]