hello all,

first of all: thanks howdy for the suggestion concerning window events that
just get passed on even though people like me (silly) think they wont. i
think i got rid of my beginning acid stomach and the cryptic error messages
at the same time when i got rid of the one on activateWindow event that i
had in there.

about the sound stopping: i found that tech-note, too, this morning and it
really seems to be that bug. i AM in channel 2, so moving my sound into
channels 1/2 couldnt have been the solution. i understand what the tech-note
suggests as a workaround (wait with forgetting the miaw until the sound in
the main movie has finished). Unfortunatly it wont quite work for me, coz
what i have is supposed to be continuous background sound, ie. no stopping
until the cd comes out of the drive again. what i'd like to do is:
play background sound (oodle-oddle)
klick on button to open miaw and fade out the sound
klick on button in miaw to close the miaw
fade the sound in again

works fine up to the point where the sound needs to be faded in again. i
cant figure out what event to call it from. cant call it from the miaw, coz
then i'd either be forgetting the miaw before calling anything, or calling
the sound up before forgetting the window and thus stopping it again. so the
main movie needs to go sound(1).play(). but what event??? hrrrm humm. any
suggestions?

thanks (as always),
heike .-)