----- Original Message -----
From: "Howdy-Tzi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> You know I would *really* look at the idea of having a local-run,
> downloadable app rather than try to do it all in a browser. I really
> think you are stretching past the breaking point the limits of what can
> be done with a shockfile here. One clear advantage is if you needed to
> do visual compositing with images &c., you could do it all in a
> nonvisible MIAW.

I'm planning on having an offline version as well, but there does need to be
an online version - it's a major selling point. I'll probably make the
offline one more functional, but I want to push the online one as far as it
will go before I start branching. I haven't yet decided if I'm even going to
stick with Director for the offline one, because I want to expand it out to
the sort of functionality of a small office suite.

I might stick with Dir anyway to keep the number of different versions to a
minimum; the offline Windows and Mac versions would have the same source
(wihout messing about with abstraction layers) and they could share a lot of
interface code with the online version so everything looks consistent.
Still, this is the sort of thing where if I have to hand loads of Xtras on
to get it working, it's not going to be worth doing it in Director at all.

- Robert