Ok, I'm running out of ideas and hoping that someone can help me.

I am trying to get a model from 3dsmax 5 into director using the
shockwave exporter. I zipped up the files so that anyone willing to take
a look can possibly help me find what the problem is. It's a pretty
large model, not made by me, but the textures are intact and render find
in 3dsmax. When I export to a shockwave w3d file regardless of setting
the texture information gets thrashed and results in a single texture on
the whole model.

The error window says:
Duplicate texture name - parts of your object may be textured
incorrectly: Bitmaptexture

The thing is, none of the textures share a name. I've spent most of the
day trying to get this working. Hopefully someone will be able to shed
some light on it for me.

Here is a link to the max files along with the textures.
http://bsproductions.net/misc/zone.zip

I was unable to get it to work without crashing max4, so you will need
max5 to check it out. The max4 plugin for dds textures doesn't work, and
that feature comes with max 5 so that is why. Please if someone gets a
few minutes to check it out and possibly tell me why its not exporting
the textures with the w3d file. Appreciate it.