Man, you're on deep waters...far out.
As I recall it was just some year or two, when the first 3D-engineerings was
figuring in same OpenGL-usages. I've did also asked for 3D at Macrom., but
haven't got so far yet in even testing some scripts.
So I wouldn't be surprised in being in a minefield. Dave´s 3D-engine is some to
follow..
Wasn't it possible to use other than bitmap-textures. I wonder if Macromedia
even got license to get 3DMaxe's all applicas.. If they are open sources and
compatible.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quoting Jeremy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ok, I'm running out of ideas and hoping that someone can help me.
>
> I am trying to get a model from 3dsmax 5 into director using the
> shockwave exporter. I zipped up the files so that anyone willing to take
> a look can possibly help me find what the problem is. It's a pretty
> large model, not made by me, but the textures are intact and render find
> in 3dsmax. When I export to a shockwave w3d file regardless of setting
> the texture information gets thrashed and results in a single texture on
> the whole model.
>
> The error window says:
> Duplicate texture name - parts of your object may be textured
> incorrectly: Bitmaptexture

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu