What I'd really like to see is a shared code-base and consistent
object-model between both Flash and Director. If both of them used the same
low-level rendering engine (which Lingo would have access to, of course,
through imaging Lingo) and could each access any property of any object in
either language, then it should be a lot easier to mix the two.

This would basically mean that Flash and Director would be the same thing,
except that Flash would be a scaled down plugin with no support for
secondary scripting languages (i.e., Lingo, but while your at it...); Xtras,
etc. Shockwave/Director would be like Flash plus a load of other cool stuff
including more direct access to the low-level rendering engine. To me, this
seems like an obvious natural progression towards convergence for the two.

- Robert

Cool!

-A.

[To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/lingo-l.cgi  To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]