I've never noticed a performance hit with static flash sprites, only ones
that are animating......
I've found that if the score knows they are static, that's true. I.e., if the sprite or the member is marked as static.

If you set the static property through Lingo, though, I think the instance of the Flash Asset Xtra is already instantiated, and sits there grinding up resources, even though the sprite may be static.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson