Yea, a cranky problem as if the volume within the op-system of PC can be
monitored, and then one noticed it's only the wave that moves when adding
soundLevel and so on. The main volume is not affected and if it is turned low
allmost nothing will happen or if much -hell breaks loose..
Could be set in wave-mode in startMovie one standard 4-5 at the scale, and a
check for soundcard was at least availble formerly, don't know now if it was
under mci-codes or if it was Lingo-styled (mci is gone..).

There is still much to be done, and I have been figuring it's time to see PC-
op:s having at least more than only 2 channels. A bit of nagging to be done...
It's up to softwares in where they are operating. and I fairly guess it's also
depending on what soundcard you are operating under...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Quoting [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using the soundlevel function to control the overall volume of a
> Director
> project. I have a slider which changes the soundlevel according to its
> position.
> On a MAC this is giving me good linear volume control, but on a PC I am
> having a problem. At soundlevel 0 the volume is mute but when I move it
> to 1 the volume goes high immediately and then hardly changes as I up
> the
> soundlevel from 1 to 7.
>
> Also I am using quicktime movies and the soundlevel function is having
> no
> effect at all on the volume of any quicktime sprites. With the
> soundlevel
> = 0 the quicktime sprites are still playing a full volume. If I directly
> write the volume of the specific quicktime sprite this works and I can
> lower
> the volume. Again this is only a problem on PC's.
>
> Any ideas? I do need to use the soundlevel command because the project
> uses
> all 8 soundchannels and much of the sound is interactive.

FREE E-MAIL IN 1 MINUTE!
 - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.pc.nu