From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> New learner: how do write a handler that inserts text
memebers in the cast?

> swap the string function around as below. the string function which turns
a variable into a string is a standalone function and should not have been
part of the object nMem:

> on InsertMembers
> repeat with nMem = 1 to 5
> mTextMember = new ( #text, castlib("Internal" ))
> mTextMember.text = "This is member number" && string(nMem)
> mTextmember.name="cast member"&&nMem
> end repeat
> END InsertMembers
>
> more importantly though, do you understand what this handler is doing and
how it is doing it. If you are trying to learn lingo at the same time it is
kind of important that you see what each component does.

> hth
>
> Fraser

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]). Lingo-L is
for learning and helping with programming Lingo.  Thanks!]