At 10:27 11.12.2002 -0500, Thomas Drapela wrote:

Sample languages using single-byte characters:  Dutch, English, French,
Italian, Spanish, Swedish

Sample languages  using double-byte characters:  Arabic, Chinese, German,
Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian
This is from some MACR technote but I doubt it is correct when German is listed next to Chinese: German umlauts work pretty well in single-byte Characters and Swedish, which is listed as single-byte, has the same umlauts and then some ...
I've been using the English version of director on German localized OSen for seven years now and I never had to that romanLingo lingo.

Daniel Plaenitz