> I tested a freebie called InnoSetup Icon Replacement Utility from
> http://www.davidcornish.com and found that the icon was changed fine but I
> still needed the ini file reference (not really an issue I don't think) so
> thins may be another option for you.
> [Movies]
> Movie01="mymovie.dxr"

> I also tested resourceHacker and just needed to make the same ini entry
( I
> altered icon and information sections)
> so it may be that your file was corrupted perhaps or that it simply needed
> the ini reference.

I tested Resource Hacker again and InnoSetup Icon Replacement Utility.
Although I have the [Movies]-entry in my .ini-file I had the same error
message as before: "This is not a Director file".

The only difference I see in what you did is that you seem to have changed
the icon of a .dxr-file, whereas my file is an .exe.

Has anybody else ever done it before?

Thanks!
Michael