On Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003, at 13:11 America/Chicago, Liz wrote:

Code below.

Your code's too complex. All you need is this:

on exitFrame me myOS = the environment.osVersion go to frame myOS end

Part of the problem is you're using 'contains', and it's likely that since the osVersion will *always* contain "Windows" on a Win system, your code is kicking out of the loop when it hits "Windows 98", which is the first item in your OS list and which does in fact contain the word "Windows".

Don't bother with the test unless you want to guard against the possibility of there being some OS or other you can't recognize. In that case you can use contains, but in a different way:

on exitFrame me lOSenIKnow = [ "95", "98", "ME", "NT", "2000" ] myOS = the environment.osVersion repeat with nItem in lOSenIKnow if myOS contains lOSenIKnow.nItem then go to frame myOS else ALERT "I don't recognize this OS..." end if end repeat end

myOS doesn't need a string conversion; it's already a string.

Warren Ockrassa | President, nightwares LLC [EMAIL PROTECTED] nightwares LLC | Consulting Programming http://www.nightwares.com/ Developer | Structor, a presentation development/programming tool Info and demo | http://www.nightwares.com/structor/ Author | Director 8.5 Shockwave Studio: A Beginner's Guide Chapter samples | http://www.nightwares.com/director_beginners_guide/