> So how can I tell a Director movie from outside to do a
> special task? And outside means from somewhere in the world!

There is no way to send a message to a Director projector that I know
of.

What I've done in a similar situation is to have the projector check
periodically for the existence of a file. When that file appears,
Director goes off and does its thing.

I used that for load testing on a LAN-based program, but I don't see why
you couldn't do it on an Internet server. Of course, it would have to be
a Windows or Mac server since Director doesn't run on any flavor of
eunuchs.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson