If you're willing to run around the DMX support issues (I believe it still works but you need a D8.5 serial or something), I'd look into the multiuser xtra and server.

-Evan

Kerry Thompson wrote:

So how can I tell a Director movie from outside to do a special task? And outside means from somewhere in the world!

There is no way to send a message to a Director projector that I know of.

What I've done in a similar situation is to have the projector check
periodically for the existence of a file. When that file appears,
Director goes off and does its thing.

I used that for load testing on a LAN-based program, but I don't see why
you couldn't do it on an Internet server. Of course, it would have to be
a Windows or Mac server since Director doesn't run on any flavor of
eunuchs.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson

*m u t a n t m e d i a* > /solutions for success // // / *Evan Adelman* | 917.916.7378 | 598 Broadway NY NY 10012 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | www.mutantmedia.com <http://www.mutantmedia.com>