Well...there are several possibilities. The easiest would be to embedd a
webpage in Director with an xtra. I'd recommend that one. But I don't know
if the xtra is x-plat. You could create the interface in Director by using
netlingo calls, but it will quickly escalate into a huge development effort
on its own. Basically you'll be creating the functionality of a browser
again...sending messages to the server, retrieving information from there &
finally giving the user feedback while downloading & displaying the
information as it comes along.

Do you wish to store the messages locally for offline viewing later? And
what about MIME types? Are you allowing people to upload files along with
the posts? If you have a working forum architecture done in CGI then use it.

Pranav Negandhi
concept-I
www.cimultimedia.com