On 23/2/04 1:26 pm, "Peter Bochan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Now, what I want to do is create a timeOut object. After instantiating myObj
> I do this:
> myTimer = timeOut("timer1").new(2000, #showInfo, myObj)
> But instead I get a script error "Object expected".

Hi Peter,

Are you working with DMX 2004?  If so, you should test with the new syntax
for timeOut objects:

  myTimer = timeOut().new("timer1", 2000, #showInfo, myObj)

In previous versions of Director, object-related functions such as member(),
script(), timeOut(), window() and xtra() all looked the same, but did not
actually behave in the same way.  TimeOut() and window() created a new
object, whereas member(), script() and xtra() all required the target object
to be present.

This has been standardised in DMX 2004, with the result that the timeOut()
syntax, in particular, has changed.

The old syntax is still supported, so pre-DMX-2004 projects will still
continue to work.  If you want to be able to use the old syntax in new
projects, try this:

  the scriptexecutionstyle = 9
  myTimer = timeOut("timer1").new(2000, #showInfo, myObj)

Cheers,

James