I don't think I ever use enterFrame() at all, since by that time the current
frame is already visible.  What advantages do you see in using enterFrame()
rather than exitFrame()?

It's a rare occasion when James has missed picking up on a trick!

The very short version is: exitframe script extends the duration of the current frame, enterframe uses part of the duration of the current frame. The difference in some cases can have an extreme effect on your overall frame rate, as much as twice the frame rate is possible.

For example, if you are set to 30 fps, and have a script overhead of 1/30th of a second, putting that script into the exitframe script will leave you with a 15 fps movie. Putting it in the enterframe script will leave it at 30 fps.