Don't use fileIO a whole lot, but I have heard others having issues with very long path names (>127 chars I believe). Your two paths are very close to that threshold.

The best workaround I know of is using buddyAPI to get the shortFileName of your file. Believe first two functions you use with buddy are free, so you may not even need to have to buy the xtra. Although it is a very useful tool to have in lots of circumstances.

HTH,
Mathew

Des Marron wrote:
Hi All,

    Has anyone ever come accross a limit to the number of of characters in a
file path that can be used in the file IO Xtra to open a file?
The limit for the path seems to be 126 characters. After that the file can
be found.

For example:

This will find the file (The las folder is New Fo)
C:\Work\Current\Work\Spreadsheets\17-02-04\state-standards\ss-v005\New
Folder\New Folder1\New Folder2\New Fo\bm-OK-Rev-v02.csv

This will not (The las folder is New Fol)
C:\Work\Current\Work\Spreadsheets\17-02-04\state-standards\ss-v005\New
Folder\New Folder1\New Folder2\New Fol\bm-OK-Re-v02.csv

I would like to keep using the FileIO xtra so is there an update or a work
around using the FileIO xtra?
Thanks All,

Des.