> As I've said, this function is only meant for cases where
> those xtras are not available. One possible reason is to keep
> my downloadable shockwave-projectors as small as possible.

I see. I haven't been following the thread.

I don't think fileIO is ShockWave safe, though, is it? For that matter,
I don't think FileXtra4 is either. You probably know this, but it's
worth mentioning--FileXtra4 is free, and it's only a 120 KB download (if
it's ShockWave safe).

Or are you talking about self-standing projectors, not browser-based
movies? That does change things a bit, though I still don't know how to
make fileIO behave. I only use it when I absolutely have to--it's so
old, clunky, and out-of-date.

Cordially,

Kerry Thompson