Which version of the xtra are you using? I knew that the latest releases helped fix some problems with non-standard decompressors taking over from MS ones... Don't know that will solve your issue though.

~Mathew

Ross Clutterbuck wrote:
Thanks to Stephane & Johan

Johan:

I think 'wild guess' that it has to do with the installed media player
(and it's codec which is being used) as I get the same colors when
playing it back from within windows media player thingy.

In true Windows fashion everything is different between machine. I've run
the MPEG through Windows Media Player (versions 8 and 9) and the colour
reproduction is fine. Even inside the DirectMedia Xtra Properties window the
background is nice and bright. The only place the colour turns grey is when
the MPEG is placed on the Stage.

Using QT to play the video resolves the issue and gives far better colors

Oh, if only I could use QuickTime. I've already checked this one out and
QuickTime is not an option.

Anybody have any further ideas?

Ross