Hi List

I've not really had the time to play with this so I thought I'd consult those more proficient than I for a head start.

I'm working on a technology demonstration for a client's remote learning project that's on the horizon. One thing we've discussed for the CD-ROM element of this package is including a chat client (although I didn't call it that - this client is really funny about the Instant Messaging culture for some reason) for interaction between trainer and student(s) (Q&A forum, feedback, collaboration etc). Originally I was going to build a standard chat interface ALA Yahoo Groups but the possibility of multiple chat windows for private messaging and the like has been mentioned.

Now, the question is can I load multiple copies of a single Director movie into different MIAWs, the idea being I only code the actual chat client once but load multiple versions of it as required for different conversations (child object for example that upon receiving all the necessary variables and data would then create a unique MIAW and load in the common "chat.dxr" movie).

I've had problems before now sharing a DXR at runtime across multiple instances of one projector (it wasn't an intentional thing, just a bug launced more than one instance of the projector and I got moaned at), but this does beg the question "can you run multiple instances of a single external movie?".

TIA

Ross