Hi all

I am creating an app that contains an email address book. I therefore need
to allow the user to store details of all their contacts. After sifting
through all my Director books I have come up with 3 solutions - using
setPref and GetPref, Saving a castlib with a field in, or using FileIO.

What would people recommend for this task - I will be running the game from
a CD-Rom and it is cross platform. (Using Dir 7.02)

If I do end up using FileIO - I forsee a problem with the fact that the app
will be running from a cd - how does the app know where to store the text
file - is there a path variable in lingo that will work for such a situation
on both mac and pc. Obviously the variable "the applicationPath" won't be
suitable because it will be on the cd and therefore non-writable.

With setPref - I am worried that the 32K maximum won't be sufficient to hold
say thousands of contacts in the worst case scenario.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated

Paul