Hi there

I am making an app like an email address book where I am storing data as an
external text file.

As the user adds details of new contacts I will add each to a property list
which is in the following format:

pList_Of_Contact_Data=[["Name":"Paul","Email":"[EMAIL PROTECTED]","Cou
ntry":"England"],["Name":"Tiffany",........ etc

Now I was going to simply write this property list as a string to an
external text file using FileIO xtra. Then everytime the user returns to the
app, it would read in this text file and assign it to a variable. Can anyone
tell me if I could run into problems if a user has so many contacts that it
would exceed the maximum length of a string? Or alternatively suggest a
better way to do this. Should I be using fields to store this data instead
of a property list - if so why?

Any suggestions, help, tips, etc etc much appreciated

Thanks

Paul

btw - it is being developed cross platform using director 7.02