At 08:18 PM 9/24/00, Conrad Ayala wrote:
>I protected several of my director (.dir) file.  Now they are .dxr
>file.  This was all done by accident.  I thought I had made duplicates of
>my files, but I didn't.

I tend to keep Norton Protection running on my project disks. It's a little
safer than the Windows un-delete utility & really saved my bacon once when
I was in the early stages of writing an un-installer.

If you don't succeed in recovering it through the OS, it's actually quite
easy to recover your cast members from a protected file. All the Lingo is
gone for good, though.

Basically you just open the dxr in a MIAW and write some Lingo to copy its
cast members into the stage's internal cast. You should be able to
replicate the score as well.

If you search the Direct-L archives at
http://www.mcli.dist.maricopa.edu/director/digest/index.html you'll even
find a script posted by Jim Collins.