> hello all,
>
> right i've got data coming from an external device through direct comms,
> i've
> got this data divided up in a sensble fashion. now i'm animating sprites
> based upon the input data. quite alot of the animation is based on
> rotation
> and i've got one element of that going. the trouble is that all of the
> sprite
> movements are related to one other. e.g imagine that you've got an arm -
> it
> can be rotated at the shoulder but then the lower arm can be rotated about
> the elbow these need to be tied if not the lower arm will just stay where
> it
> was when the upper arm moves.
>
> rather than having to move the lower arm with loch and locv to stay with
> the
> upper arm can you think of anyway of contraining the two together?
>
> anyway enough waffle.
>
> cheers,
>

> warren.

I have done something similar once, and its pretty straight forward, though
there is a lot to aware of....

The way I did it (behaviors):

the upperArm needs to know which sprites are attached to it, the offSetAngle
to the sprites and the distance to the sprites. When you rotate the
upperArm, it calculates the new point for the lowerArm using its new angle
(- offsetAngle) and the offSetDistance, sends the new point to the lowerArm
sprite (which might do the same calculation for the hand), and then update
the stage!

on JT's site there is an example file you can download, which might help you
(I haven't checked the code, so I don't know for sure, but it looks like the
example you need)...

http://www.lingoworks.com/pages/form/form5.htm

Ask

.....ULTIMATUM........