Hi Ernest,

Just change your code from

  if quickTimeVersion(4.0) then

  if quickTimeVersion() >= 4.0 then

A good place to check for quicktime is a movie without any quicktime
members. This will avoid any errors dialogs that Director might generate if
it can't load the quicktime members or the Quicktime Xtras. For example

Stub Projector -- > goes to "Init.dir" --> goes to the main movie

Then in the "Init.dir" movie, add your code to check for quicktime and do
any other setup that you want.

Ernest lee wrote

> Hi all, I am completing a Dir 8.0 project that uses
> lots of QT 4.0. I simply wantdirector to detect if QT
> 4.0 is present and if not a dialog box alerts the
> user- maybey giving instructions.
> The script I am using is below is what I believed
> simple
>
> on startmovie
> if quickTimeVersion(4.0) then
> alert "you do not quicktime 4.0!. Please
> install.......blah blah"
> else
> go to "stay"
>
> end if
>
> end
>
> Needless to say it fails.
> For testing I have place "alert "you have quicktime
> 4.0!"" and "go to "stay"" in this order because I know
> my machine has qt.Once this works I will reverse these
> 2 items. Should this be on "startmovie" or should it
> be a frame script in a stub movie?
> Will the script be the same on a mac?
>
> Any insights greatly appreciated.

Mecca Medialight Pty Ltd

Mecca Medialight:                       Medialight Sound Studio:
111 Moor Street                         1 Bakehouse Lane
Fitzroy, Vic. 3065                      North Fitzroy, Vic. 3068
Tel +613 9416 2033                      Tel +613 9416 2033
Fax +613 9416 2055                      Fax +613 9416 2055

http://www.medialight.com.au