This will work for you....

on exitFrame
  movies=quickTimeVersion()
  if movies<4 then
    go to "Install" -- have a install frame
else
    go to "Main" -- go to whereever you want if QT4.0 or greater is
installed.
end

on the install frame put this on an install button
This script has the installers for QT in a folder "Movies" and the
sub folders are "QuickTime Install Mac" and "QT_4_WIN" etc.

Hope this helps..
Tim

-- QuickTime installer

global gPaths

on mouseUp me
  if the platform contains "Macintosh" then
    open the moviePath&"Movies"&gPaths&"QuickTime Install
Mac"&gPaths&"QuickTime Installer"
    halt
  else
    open the
moviePath&"Movies"&gPaths&"QT_4_WIN"&gPaths&"QuickTimeInstaller.exe"
    halt
  end if
end