Hi, I had the same mose evnts problem. In my case, set the ancestor on beginSprite handler solved it. BUT I also cannot reproduce the "missing events" now! _____ Jakob Hede Madsen wrote: > So, wanting to confirm your findings, I opened both mine and Andrews > testbeds, and none of them showed the "missing events" scenario > anymore!!! =====[My post on 19 Sep to lingo-l with subject: Who's me?] When I made Luke's mTest handler into new, the ancestor failed to receive the events. It has worked in Director 6.5 but not in 7.0.2 nor 8.0. If I change it to the beginSprite handler instead, the ancestor can receive the events. Is the specification in 7.0.2 and 8.0 changed from 6.5? I tried to check the scriptInstanceList of the sprite and the instance in the message window and the ancestor seems to be set properly. When I call a message (i.e. #mouseDown) directly to the instance, the ancestor can receive it, too. _____ Luke Wigley wrote: > -------- sprite behaviour -------- > property ancestor > > on mTest me > ancestor = script("ParentScript").new() > put ancestor > end > > -------- ParentScript -------- > > on new me > return me > end > > on exitframe me > put ("sprite" && me.spriteNum && "got exitframe") > end > > on mouseDown me > put ("sprite" && me.spriteNum && "got mouseDown") > end > > on keyDown me > put ("sprite" && me.spriteNum && "got keyDown") > end Regards, Fumio Nonaka Attain Corporation [EMAIL PROTECTED] [To remove yourself from this list, or to change to digest mode, go to http://www.penworks.com/LUJ/lingo-l.cgi To post messages to the list, email [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Problems, email [EMAIL PROTECTED]) Lingo-L is for learning and helping with programming Lingo. Thanks!]