I use flash and director together a lot and know what you mean about the
difficult coding interface. Have you had a look at FAST! Flash
Actionscripter (from swiff Tools I think). It allows you to code outside of
Flash and paste in. It has the same drop down interface as Flash if you
still want it and holds lists of all the keywords you can use. Not sure if
it compiles or not (would be great if it does). I haven't given it a go yet
but it sounds quite useful.

Leon McComish
Web Developer
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]