I had that problem once and successfully solved it combining lingo's cursor
200 and budapi's placeCursor: What I did was hide the cursor and place it
off-screen, so that if it flashs, it won't be seen. About buying BudAPI, if
you are only using up to two functions you can use it for free, but as so
many people said and I experienced it myself, BudAPI is an Xtra that you'll
have to buy sooner or later.
Hope it helps.

Rui GM Pereira
CEMED - Universidade de Aveiro