I'm new to Lingo so please forgive me if I'm asking some dumb questions to
begin with. I have a couple of questions at the moment.

In a few scripts I have noticed that there are  references to Public
methods in the comments. Nowhere do I see any ability to specify the scope
of a method by designating it as Public, Private or Protected. Is there any
ability to restrict  the scope of access in the same way as in other object
oriented languages? Likewise I would ideally want to prevent any external
access to properties of an object apart from using a Get or Set method.
Possible?

thanks for any help

Ian