Hi,

I'm a new user to Director 8. My company purchased it for marketing a
few months ago and I've been the guy who was put in charge of it. We've
been using it to create an interactive dossier that can be handed to our
clients on CD and used as a presentation tool. Today my boss tells me he
wants me to create a way of opening a Powerpoint slideshow from within
the dossier so that he can address specific points of interest for each
potential client without having to rewrite a lot of the shockwave
application. I consulted the books that came with Director 8 and thought
that I figured it out but got nowhere. I was trying to use the OPEN
command but it kept saying that the file I was trying to open was an
undeclared variable. Is there anything special I have to do with the
open command? I've tried using the help system and refering to the
Director handbook and Lingo dictionary but they just supply the basic
syntax with no good practical samples. If anybody has any ideas, and
could supply some sample code, I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks.