On 1/17/01 at 5:42 PM, Karina Steffens shared the following:
>You know the way, when you author cross platform, and copy your mac
>projector and Xtras to the PC?

I know this isn't your main issue, but I don't think you need to copy
Mac Xtras to the PC.

>If I then copy the projector to the mac again, or burn it to a CD,  I always
>loose the file association of the mac projector, thus making it totally
>unusable. Same with Xtras and any other mac executables.
>
>The only way I know of (so far) to keep this from happening, is to never let
>it come into contact with Windows. If I copy the projector to the PC over
>the network, using the mac to do the copying, then there's no problem. But
>not if I use the PC.
>Unfortunately, guess what my own platform at work happens to be? :-/

Create a folder on the PC that contains all of your project files.
Create a folder with exactly the same name on the Mac. If you always
keep all your project files in this folder, you should be able to
move DIR files, projectors, linked files (or folders containing
linked files) to either platform with no problems. Basically, you
want to always keep your file hierarchies the same.

Tom
Tom Jacobs        -        InterVision
(541) 343-7993 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.intervisionmedia.com