Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks for your help, but I'm afraid I'll need more info :(

> On NT go to File Manager. Select Mac File. Select Associate. You will
> then see a box where you set the file type and creator.
>
> We had the same problem months ago and pulled our hair out finding the
> answer.

Pulling some hair over here - Me and both Network Administrators, all
together...

To reproduce the steps I've done:

1. Went to the Mac, opened ResEdit to find Type and Creator.
For the Projector it showed Type: APPL, Creator: PJ01
For the Xtra it showed Type: XTRA, Creator: XOWN

2. Went to the server->File Manager -> Mac File ->Associate.

3. Selected "Add", typed in the type and creator (mixed them up the first
time, switched them around), added a description, clicked OK

4. Typed EXE in the associations window, selected the projector and clicked
"Associate".

5. Steps 3 and 4 for the Xtra, with X32 in the associations window.

6. Left file manager and tested the files, but did not restart. I believe
the server will be rebooted tonight.

I then proceeded to test the files, by copying them over the network through
from the Mac to the Server (using the server to do the copying. Copying over
the network using the _Mac_ always works anyway, like I mentioned before).

Looking at the server through the "eyes" of the mac, and/or copying the
projector back to the mac still looses it's mac file association (the icon
is gone), even if I add .exe or .x32 to the file.
The only thing that did seem to go Ok, was copying an extra from one folder
on the server to another and then looking at it from the mac - the Xtra icon
is there. But copying an extra from the mac (using the Server) - still
doesn't.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for the help,
Karina