On 1/17/01 at 9:15 PM, Bjarne Nyquist shared the following:
>  > If I then copy the projector to the mac again, or burn it to a
>CD,  I always
>>  loose the file association of the mac projector, thus making it totally
>>  unusable. Same with Xtras and any other mac executables.
>
>Yeah, I have experienced this. I never ever move Mac exetutables
>between platforms without stuffing and binHexing them. I use Aladdin
>dropStuff for this since both dropStuff and Expander are cross
>platform these days.
>Since i started doing this i can move the stuff all across our
>network (Mac, Win98, NT, Unix, Linux) without loosing info anywhere
>on the way. I highly recommend this simple solution ;-).

Perhaps I don't understand the problem here, but I don't see why
there is a need to go through this process. First, why would you need
to move a Mac executable (ie. a Projector) to a Windows machine? It
seems to me you'd only need to move DIR or DXR files which are
cross-platform. If you're making a hybrid (Mac/ISO) CD, you'd do that
from the Mac, not the Windows machine, so the only executables you'd
be moving are Windows files to the Mac.

Or am I missing something? I've done many cross-platform projects,
some authored on the Mac and some on Windows, and never had these
issues.

Tom
Tom Jacobs        -        InterVision
(541) 343-7993 [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.intervisionmedia.com