HI I am trying to make a login where the users name and password will be the
name of a text file where later storing data about te user. I have used this
lingo code  but i am not sure how to set a variable for the name of the text
file. The user types the username and password and a txt file is made with
the name of what the user typed.txt

on writeToFile

    global myFile
    if objectP(myFile) then set myFile = 0 --Delete the instance if it
already exists
    set theFile = the text of field "myfield"  --  Put some text into a
variable
    set myFile = new(xtra "fileio")            --  Create an instance of
FileIO
    if the moviePath = "" then
          alert "No moviePath!  Save your movie and try again."
 --  Make sure moviePath is NOT empty
    else
        createFile( myfile, the moviepath&"textfile.txt" )    --  Create the
file
        openFile( myFile, the moviepath&"textfile.txt",0)     --  Open the
file with R/W access
        setfinderinfo(myFile, "TEXT ttxt")  -- Make readable by SimpleText
(Mac only)
        writeString( myFile, theFile)              --  Write text to the
file
        alert "Status: "&error(myFile,status(myFile))         -- display
error message
      end if
    closeFile (myFile)                         --  Close the file
    set myFile = 0                             --  Dispose of the instance
end

Can anyon help me
Lars Gravesen