Matthias, Mark and John, thanks for the input!

John wrote:

>In my head the scenario is as follows: The evalscript passes somthing like
>"some_picture.gif" to the shockwave and
>then you start a preloadnething, checking when it's done and then do a importFileInto
>to get the picture into
>shockwave. I saw the other postings who claims that you can't do it, but you can. I
>use it often.

That's exactly what I've done so far, but using evalScript rules out Mac/IE, which
isn't exceptable for this project.

Take a look at Jim Collins Puzzlemaker at http://www.shockwave.com/ -> Games -> Jigsaw
puzzles -> Puzzlemaker

Imagine the Import button in the html/asp page, *outside* the Shockwave movie; let
it's function (without the upload function) be to simply (?) pass a url to an image
already on the server, resulting in the image instantly showing up in the Shockwave
game when releasing the button, and you'll have the scenario in a nutshell.

> Shockwave.com uses a special Xtra that they had created for them that will
> allow you to select a file from a specific folder on the enduser's computer
> to upload.

I hope that what I'm trying to do is doable, and doesn't require an Xtra?

Once again, thanks for your input!

- Rainer