At 21:58 2/20/2001, Mark R. Jonkman wrote:
>Mark Boyd wrote:
> > I suspect he's a student at one of those schools that seem to restrict
> > access to the manufacturer's documents - or part of their
> > educational deal
> > was cheaper if they didn't get enough docs. The hint is in his
> > email address.
>
>That could well be, it doesn't necessarily mean that the school is trying to
>restrict access to the manuals.... I worked as the IT person for the
>multimedia labe back when I went to school, the biggest problem wasn't that
>the manuals didn't exist or were locked away somewhere, its just that some
>of the students in previous years just helped themselves to the manuals and
>simply never returned them. So eventually there were no manuals to speak of
>anywhere.

A much more likely possibility. I don't know how I missed that one - too
honest for my own good, I suspect.

This is where it becomes a very good thing that Macromedia has made the
manuals avail on line. Something you really don't see very often with
commercial s/w. Some pirates will take advantage of it, but I guess MM
figures to gain more by providing access to students in just such situations.

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' :)