From: "Stephen Recker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 11:21 AM
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> File Dialog?

I'd like to take this a step further. I wish to copy a file from a cd to the
user's desktop with a file dialog...the twist being that the button needs to
be in a flash movie that has been saved as a QT movie and then imported into
Director. I've found that saving a Flash file as a QT movie disables the
getURL commands.

My solution has been to have the button in Flash trigger a silent piece of
audio that contains a cuepoint. I use cuePassed to catch this and then
Director does my bidding. It's kinda messy but it works.

My question is, can I open a file dialog and copy the file within the
Flash-As-QT movie or is my workaround an OK way to go?

TIA.

Stephen

--
s t e p h e n   j a m e s   r e c k e r