>No, actually the main point is that when the call unwinds, it has to come
>back to a different window or the stage.  If it comes back to the MIAW,
>you're dead.

Perhaps the better part of valor is knowing when to yield :-)

Tab, Mark, and Jakob, you have made convincing arguments. I wasn't thinking
of "Tell" as equivalent to "call," but it makes sense--especially when you
all three say essentially the same thing.

I ran into something similar earlier in my Director career--if I remember
right, I was issuing a "call" to a handler that issues a "play frame"
command. I have the source code archived, so I don't remember exactly what
it was, but it caused a frustrating bug because Director returned
control--popped an address off the stack--to a place I wasn't expecting.

Which is a long way of saying yeah, you guys make sense--it looks like
you're right.

So, don't let me confuse you, Karina :-)

Cordially,
Kerry Thompson
Learning Network