> Are any of you doing educational development? Or is all commercial and
> private developing?

I get the sense from the subject line that you're really asking "Do you have
to deal with the antiquated minimal system requirements that are imposed on
the educational market by the fact that schools seem to have a large number
of old machines hanging around, especially community colleges?"

The answer is both yes and no. If you haven't guessed, yes, we do
educational software. Right now, we will still do projects in D7 if the
minimum spec (Mac) is OS 7.5, but most of our work is in D8. So, our minimum
systems are Win 95, MacOS 8.1. We would probably consider bidding on a
project with a lower spec, but most clients are willing to trade off for
functionality.

2 cents,
Kurt