> > (and now
> > Flash is MACR's flagship product - boo!),
>

> I'm not sure I agree with this -- have you seen the UCON webcast?

I totally agree with the grim-man :)

I haven't managed to connect to the UCON, but I've heared reports, and it
seems obvious that Macromedia has put an enormous amount of effort into the
new version of Director. A whole new dimension of effort, one might say ;)

If MM wanted to put Director on a back burner, it would certainly not be
introducing shockwave 3d. Can you imagine the work that must have gone into
that? And I'm VERY impressed with the demos that were released to us a short
while ago.
I saved the link for the demos this time (thanks grim!) and it's on
<http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/proom/pr/2000/index_intel.fhtml>
if anyone's wandering what I'm talking about.

Regards,
Karina Steffens,
Lead Programmer

Martello Media Ltd.