> Can you imagine, trying to reconcile a totally OOP approach
> with a linear
> score? The brain hurts just thinking about it :)

<rant>
sorry, but I just don't agree with this. coding-wise I use a very OOP
approach to things. however, many times it makes absolutely no sense to
approach some animated portion of a project in a single frame OOP
Lingo-controlled manner. unless of course you just want to rack up the
billable hours.

what I mean is, use the right approach for a given job. Director does a
pretty good job at playing linear animations, use it for that when it is
appropriate. it also does a moderately good job at the OOP encapsulated code
thing. use that when appropriate.

appropriate is the operative word here. I do a lot of work fixing and
enhancing projects done by others. it's probably 40% of my business. I see
way too many ones done by "Lingo Cowboys" who insist on doing everything in
1 frame and OOP code. it's is generally overly complex & way hard to work
on. (not to mention that there are usually no comments & bad variable
names - but that's another rant <grin>)
<rant/>

just my NSHO,

Al Hospers