> Being new to Director, can anyone tell me how i can use the
> ActiveX control to embed a pdf document into my cd movie? Is
> there a specific piece of lingo that someone could possibly
> help me out with to instruct a button to open it as i have NO
> idea of lingo at all!

This exact question was just asked on Direct-L this morning. Do you know
Odette? <grin>

That said, I don't think that you can do what you require with an AxtiveX
control. You will need an Xtra to embed an application/presentation into a
Director movie. I suggest using MasterApp. While I have never tried it with
Acrobat, there is a how-to on doing it with PowerPoint on the UpdateStage
site at

  http://www.updatestage.com/previous/990701.html#item2
  How to play PowerPoint files from Director using MasterApp Xtra

The code should directly apply to Acrobat. Also there's a behavior in the
behavior lib that lets you specify any app and window size to embed called
"Launch program and position window on stage". The behavior lib is the first
item on the downloads page under Supporting Materials:

  http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/xtradownloads.html

MasterApp gives you broad control over other applications from your Director
presentation. The most common application for MasterApp is building
connectivity between your Director piece and various Web browsers and Web
pages. However, MasterApp is much more powerful than this basic use,
including dozens of methods for launching, monitoring and controlling
external applications.

Price: $299.00
Platforms: 32-bit Windows, Win 3.1, Mac
Director versions supported: Director 4,5,6,7,8
Author: Glenn Picher

MasterApp is a commercial Xtra sold by UpdateStage. You find out more
information, download an evaluation version or purchase the Xtra here:

 http://www.updatestage.com/xtras/xtrahome.html

I hope that this information is useful.

Cheers,

Al Hospers