From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Al Hospers
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 2:44 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> drawing like in a drawing prgramme

> There will be limitations based on the processor speed and
> the speed at
> which director is running.  You can fill like you are asking,
> but the lines
> will be jagged if the mouse is moved to fast.

you absolutely can write a drawing routine that will not have the jaggies &
the dropouts. it requires interpolating between points & is not a trivial
exercise. FWIW all of the drawing routines in all drawing/painting programs
do this.

you can see an example of this technique here:

 http://www.cambersoft.com/contrapptions/mykidcan_paint.html

cheers,

Al Hospers
CamberSoft, Inc.