>  Or at
>least, is there a way where I can get Director to execute a some handler or
>command each time it starts a new sound from the list of 32 sounds that
were
>queued? (Like every time a new sound from the list is played, something
>should light up, or whatever). I'm desperate!

here's a trick (based on am undocumented feature)

Properties accepted by the sound queue() can be anything.

So add a made-up property (such as #which) & assign unique values for
each element in the queue, and then monitor sound(n).which to see
when it has changed  &/or for what it's current value is.

That sounds like a really cool idea, but I don't know how to get it to work.
Could you help me out please? Here's the code...

on playSound
  repeat with count = 1 to 30
     sound(4).queue([#member: member(count, "sound"), #which: count ])
  end repeat
  sound(4).play()
end

Let's say I want to set a global variable called soundCount =
ound(4).which  - How would I update soundCount as sound(4) was playing? When
I check "sound(4).which" in the watcher window - it remains void.

Please help!

Thanks so much,

Michael Nadel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]